Only the account holder can alter album settings (privacy, titles, descriptions, etc) when they are logged into the account. Viewers do not have access to alter your account in any way.
Your album privacy settings will also apply to slideshow view and story view. To modify your album privacy settings:
- Click on the Lock icon next to the album title
2. Choose your privacy level: Public, Private, or Private with a Guest Password
Password protected albums will show a key icon. Here is how to set a password protected album:
When an album is public:
- Photos and videos that have tags, titles, or descriptions display in Photobucket search results when someone searches for the terms in the tags, titles, or descriptions.
- Photos in the album may appear in other search engines like Google or Bing.
- Users can follow linked photos on other sites back to your album and browse other photos in the album.
- Photos recently uploaded to the album appear on your Profile page.
- If you have photos uploaded to the album, they will appear on followers' Community page.
When an album is private:
- Photos and videos in the album do not display in Photobucket search results.
- Your followers will not see photos uploaded to the album.
- Guests will not see images you upload to the album on your Profile page.
- You may share individual images without allowing viewers access to the entire album.
- You may not copy the links to a private album/slideshow/story until you change the album to Public or Password protected albums.
Password Protected Albums
When an album is password protected:
- Users enter the password in order to view the album.
- If someone searches for your username, they cannot access your password protected albums unless they have a guest password.
- Content will not display in search results.
- Guests to your album can copy and share photos in the album - this cannot be disabled so only share with people you trust!