How are images sorted on Photobucket?
Your images and photos are sorted in your albums in a few ways:
- Oldest First (by date taken)
- Newest First (by date taken)
- Title (Alphabetical)
- File Name (Alphabetical)
- Custom (Drag and Drop custom sorting per album)
There are multiple ways of controlling how your photos and videos are sorted in your albums.
1) Account Settings
In User Settings on the Albums tab, you can select the drop down option to sort your default media order. This is the default setting for all new albums. You can overwrite this on an album-by-album basis.
2) Album Level
In your Library, you can select and set your sort order for each album using a simple dropdown menu. This is located just above your images, and below the organize option.
3) Drag and Drop Custom Sorting:
From any album, when you turn on the organize option, you can drag and drop images into a new order in your album, and that order will be saved to display your album in that custom sort you have chosen. After dragging images into a new order, the "Order by" drop down will switch over to display Custom. When organizing, you can select images a few different ways:
- Click and drag with your mouse cursor over a group of images.
- Hold down Shift or Ctrl, and then click on multiple images
- For a large group of continuous images: hold down shift, click on the first image scroll down and click the last image (make sure to hold shift before clicking on the last image) that you want to select. Every image in between the first and last images selected will be selected as well.
I can't find the last few images I've uploaded to my album. Where did they go?
Newly uploaded images that were taken long ago may be sorted to the end or middle of the album due to its Time Taken date. If you upload a photo that was taken days/months/years ago, it will be sorted within your album and can be found with images taken around the same date.