- At the top of the Firefox window, click the triple bar menu in the upper right corner, go over to the History menu and select Clear Recent History. For Windows XP: At the top of the Firefox window, click Tools > Options & then click the box to "Clear history when FF closes".
- Select how much history you want to clear: Click the drop-down menu next to Time range to clear to choose how much of your history Firefox will clear.
- Next, click the arrow next to Details to select exactly what information will get cleared.
- Finally, click the Clear Now button and the window will close and the items you've selected will be cleared.
- Select the "three horizontal lines" icon at the top right of the browser window, then Tools, then Clear browsing data.
- Select the items that you want to clear and click Clear browsing data.
Internet Explorer 9:
- Click the Tools button (the gear icon), point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history.
- Select the check box next to each category of information you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
Internet Explorer 6-8:
- Click the "Tools" menu, "Internet Options", and click the "Delete Files" or "Delete" button.
- To clear your cache: tap Safari > Empty Cache
- To clear all cookies: Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Remove all data