Having trouble uploading images to your account? Let's troubleshoot your upload problems!
For more information on how to upload, visit our upload article here.
Supported File Types
First, let's make sure that the file you're trying to upload is supported on Photobucket. Take a look at this article to confirm whether or not your file type is supported.
Common unsupported files include .pdf, .swf, and .raw file types.
There are a number of reasons why you may see this message when trying to upload an image. Here are a few common things to double-check.
- Confirm that your file type is supported on Photobucket.com.
- Confirm the file is within the size limits.
- Photo - 200MB max
- Video - 10GB max
- Check for special characters in your filename. It's best not to have any symbols in your file names.
- Examples of symbols: ! @ # $ % ^ & *
- Check that your internet connection is strong and stable.
- Ensure that your operating system and/or browser are supported and up to date. This article lists all supported OS and browsers.
- Try uploading from a different device like another computer, or your phone, or simply try another browser. Let's make sure that the problem isn't isolated to your computer.
When All Else Fails
If you find that after checking the above steps, you still cannot manage to upload your file(s), contact us here or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your OS and version, your browser and version
- A brief but detailed description of your issue and the steps you took
- Any helpful screenshots, if needed
- Provide an attachment of the file that you cannot upload