If you have a Photobucket subscription, making your album password-protected gives you the ability to share your images and videos with friends and family and keep out unwanted viewers.
To make your album password-protected, you can do the following:
1. From the My Bucket page, click on that album that you want to password-protect.
2. Click on the Album Details icon on the toolbar to open the Album Settings page.
You can also find this setting from your Albums list by clicking on the three vertical dots next to the album name (including your main My Bucket album), then clicking Edit to open the Album Settings page.
3. Once you're on the Album Settings page, click Password.
Note: When sharing your password-protected album, any albums that are set to public can also be viewed by your guests. You can set these albums to private if you don't want them to be viewed.
You can create multiple passwords if you are sharing the album with multiple viewers. For example, if you want to share the album for a limited time with a friend, you can create a separate password for them. If you no longer want to share the album with that person, you can then delete the password that is assigned to them.
To create a password:
- Click Create Password.
- Under Title, enter the name of the person or group to which you are assigning the password.
- Enter the password, then click Save.
- Once you've saved your password, click Save again to save this setting. *You may need to refresh the page if you are not seeing the new password you just created.
To manage your password, click on any of the icons below:
Icons from left to right: View your password, Copy your password, Edit your title and password, and Delete your password.
Note: Only the album you are currently viewing will be set to password-protected. If the album contains sub-albums, those sub-albums will not have their privacy setting changed. You will need to set each sub-albums to password-protect if you want to share them.