The Link back to albums option changes what happens when someone clicks your linked out image.
If the option is disabled, your shared photos do not link back to your Photobucket account at all. Instead, clicking the image will link back to the Photobucket.com homepage. If enabled, clicking the image will take the viewer to the image within your Photobucket album.
For images linked from a private album, clicking the image will link back only to the photo itself on Photobucket.com. Viewers cannot browse or see your private albums.
If clicking on the image results in you seeing your private album, this is because you are signed into your Photobucket account. Sign out and try again.
To change your Link back to albums setting, go to the album tab under your settings, or click here. The Link back to albums option is near the bottom of the page.
Once Link Back is enabled for free and Subscribed members:
- Clicking on embedded images using HTML, HTML Thumb, IMG, or IMG Thumb code will all link back to the image within your album on Photobucket.com
- If the album is Public, viewer can browse the rest of the album, and see other Public albums
- If the album is Password Protected/Private, viewer can see only the one image. Viewers cannot see any other Password Protected/Private albums.
If Link Back is disabled for Free members:
- Clicking on embedded images using HTML, HTML Thumb, IMG, or IMG Thumb code will direct the viewer to the Photobucket.com home page, not your account.
If Link Back is disabled for Subscribed members:
- Embedded images using HTML, HTML Thumb, IMG, or IMG Thumb code will not be clickable.
**Please note - Changes are not retroactive and only affect links going forward.**