You can change your album privacy settings at any time to control who can view your albums.
From Your Bucket page, click to select the album you need to change the privacy settings, then click the Album Settings icon.
This will open your album settings page where you can choose the following privacy options: Public, Private, and Password Protected.
When you are finished, click Save.
Privacy Settings Explained
When an album is public:
- Guests to your account will be able to view all public albums.
- Photos and videos that have tags, titles, or descriptions display in Photobucket search results when someone searches for the terms in the tags, titles, or descriptions.
- Photos in the album may appear in other search engines like Google or Bing.
When an album is private:
- Photos and videos in the album do not display in Photobucket search results.
- Guests will not see private albums while viewing other albums.
- You are not able to provide a direct link to view a Photo in your private album.
When an album is password protected:
- Guests enter a password in order to view the album.
- Even if a guest has a direct link to the album, they cannot access the password-protected album unless they have a guest password.
- Content will not display in search results.
- Guests to your album can copy and share direct links to photos in the album - this cannot be disabled so only share with people you trust.
For more information on password-protected albums please click here.
For users who have a subscription plan, new albums will be set to Private by default.