Uploading your photos with the Mobile App is a simple process that provides an easy way to store, share, and link your images.
Before you are able to upload, please make sure your permissions are set to allow access for the app to your media.
For Android: You will need to allow permissions for both Files and Media. You can check your app permissions by going to Settings > Apps > and scroll down to Photobucket. Tap on Photobucket to check your permissions
For iOS: You will need to allow access to All Photos. You can check your app permissions by going to Settings > Privacy & Security > Photos > Scroll to Photobucket. Tap on Photobucket to check your permissions.
To upload your photos:
- Tap the + icon on the bottom of the app page to upload to My Bucket. If you want to upload to a particular sub-album, tap on the Sub-Albums tab, then tap on the sub-album you want to upload images to.
- You will get three options: Upload from Gallery, Upload from Camera, and Create a Sub-Album.
- Upload from Gallery will display every image saved in your gallery.
- Upload from Camera will allow you to take a new photo and instantly upload it.
- Creating a Sub-Album will allow you to create a new album in your bucket. You can give your album a name and description, change its privacy settings, and assign it to a location. Once you create the sub-album go to that sub-album to upload it. You can do this by tapping on the Sub-Albums tab and scrolling to the new album, and tapping to open it.
Once you select the image or images you'd like to upload, simply tap on the Upload button on the top right side of the screen. It will pop up a message for you to confirm your upload. Tap OK.
Once the upload has been completed you can see the images on your account. You may need to refresh the app by pulling down the screen to see the new content.