Your privacy is important to us. That's why we feel that it's important for you to know the different privacy settings you have available for you within your Photobucket account.
When an album is public:
- Guests to your account will be able to view all public albums.
- Photos and videos that have tags, titles, or descriptions display in Photobucket search results when someone searches for the terms in the tags, titles, or descriptions.
- Photos in the album may appear in other search engines like Google or Bing.
When an album is private:
- Photos and videos in the album do not display in Photobucket search results.
- Guests will not see private albums while viewing public albums in your account.
- You cannot share a private album, however, you can share a direct link to view a photo in your private album.
Password-Protected Albums (*available to paid subscribers only)
When an album is password protected:
- Guests enter a password in order to view the album.
- Even if a guest has a direct link to the album, they cannot access the password-protected album unless they have a guest password.
- Content will not display in search results.
- Guests to your album can copy and share direct links to photos in the album - this cannot be disabled so only share with people you trust.
- Guests can also see other public albums in your account.
For more information on password-protected albums, please click here.
For users who have a subscription plan, new albums will be set to Private by default.
If your account is Free, you will continue to have access to any password-protected albums you currently have. However, you cannot create a new album that is password-protected or change any existing album to password-protected.