You can now transfer a copy of all your photos and videos to Photobucket using Facebook's data transfer tool. All your content will be safely stored in your Photobucket account.
How does it work?
- Login to your Facebook account and go to your Settings> Your Facebook Information. From there, select Transfer a Copy of Your Information.
- You can choose to transfer a copy of your photos or videos to Photobucket. Choose Photobucket as your transfer destination and hit Next Step to continue.
- Connect and Start Transfer. You will need to sign into your Photobucket account or create a new free account to continue.
- You will be asked to temporarily allow Facebook to access your Photobucket account. Grant access to continue with your transfer.
- After you confirm your transfer, you can find your transferred photos or videos in albums titled, Facebook Photos or Facebook Videos.
- As soon as your transfer is complete, you will receive a Facebook notification that your data was successfully transferred to Photobucket.
Frequently Asked Questions
What access will Facebook be granted?
Facebook will temporarily have access to your Photobucket username and will be able to create and upload media files into your Photobucket account. The access you grant Facebook to transfer into your Photobucket account is temporary and you can revoke this at any time.
Which policies apply to my transferred data?
How many photos and videos can I transfer to my Photobucket account?
You can transfer all photos and videos from your Facebook account without limitations subject only to our terms and conditions.
Where in my Photobucket account can I find my photos, videos, and albums transferred from Facebook?
You can find all your content in a folder created for you titled Facebook Photos or Facebook Videos.
What if I transfer my photos or videos more than once?
Any time that you initiate a transfer, the photos or videos selected will be copied over to your Photobucket account. This means that if you select an album to transfer over to Photobucket two separate times, that album will be copied over twice to Photobucket.
Can I move my photos or videos out of the created Facebook folders?
Yes, Photobucket provides a feature, Move to Album, that allows you to move any photos to a different location in your Photobucket account.
What photos and videos can I transfer?
You can only transfer a copy of photos and videos that you have uploaded to Facebook and that you can see on your profile. This means that if you posted a photo or video on a friend’s profile, you cannot transfer a copy of that photo or video. You also can’t transfer a copy of photos and videos you didn’t upload to Facebook, like photos and videos others have uploaded to your profile, even if you’re tagged in it.
Will I lose my photos or videos from Facebook that I transfer over to Photobucket?
No. It is simply transferring a copy of your photos and videos and they will not be deleted or removed from your Facebook account.
How do I access Facebook’s data transfer tool?
Go to the Facebook data transfer tool.